SACHS Performance Dual Mass Flywheels feature a multi-stage characteristic curve. The first stage uses soft springs to ensure outstanding engine starting and stopping performance. The second stage has firmer springs to provide superb decoupling of torsional vibrations during driving operations.
Higher torque levels, greater ignition pressures, and stricter emissions controls are causing ever greater rotational irregularities in today's engines, and thus higher levels of vibration in the powertrain. Higher demands on comfort and quiet as well as greater measures to protect the transmission all require extremely efficient torsional vibration dampers.
SACH Performance have brought Motorsport teams worldwide to the forefront, from mass sports to Formula 1! The knowledge gained from these race series has been flowing into the development of SACHS High Performance products.
SACHS Performance Dual Mass Flywheel features:
- Lower fuel consumption due to lower rpm levels when idling and easy operation in low rpm ranges
- Lower shifting forces, i.e. greater comfort due to reduced inertia of clutch discs without torsional dampers
- Good driving comfort thanks to strong vibrational damping for sudden load changes
- Quieter thanks to optimum decoupling of vibrations throughout the entire rpm range
- Smooth start/stop performance
Recommended break in period is 500 miles.
note: image is for illustration purposes and may differ on delivery