PBS Protrack Brake Pads are high performance track brake pads that provide a great bite with pedal feel from cold.
With excellent brake fade resistance and an operating temperature of 0 to 700°C, this pad posses a lower initial bite with a great pedal feel and stopping power, making them a perfect for light track use, wet conditions or for those with low grip control tyres.
Perfect for sprints, time attack and circuit racing.
When on track, brake pads are subjected to pressure from caliper pistons as well as high friction heat. Performance Brake Solutions have undergone extensive brake pad testing in order to keep the brake pad remaining flat throughout the race in order to offer optimal performance. The technology used on the high quality steel backing plates ensure that the brake pad compound has the best holding capabilities under extreme driving conditions.
The Protrack brake pad material is 0.40 to 0.48mu, which provides progressive and predictable braking power.
Made by racing drivers for racing drivers.
Supplied as a set.
A direct fit for:
- Alfa 147 3.2 GTA
- Alfa 156 3.2 GTA
- Alfa 159 (Brembo calipers only)
- Alfa 166 (Brembo calipers only)
- Alfa Brera (Brembo calipers only)
- Alfa Giulietta (Brembo calipers only)
- Alfa GT 937 (Brembo calipers only)
- Alfa Spider 939 (Brembo calipers only)
- Audi RS3 Quattro 8P
- Audi TT RS Quattro 8J
- Ford Mustang GT500 (2007-2014)
- Honda Civic Type R FK2
- Mitsubishi Evolution Lancer V
- Mitsubishi Evolution Lancer VI
- Mitsubishi Evolution Lancer VII
- Mitsubishi Evolution Lancer VIII
- Mitsubishi Evolution Lancer IX
- Mitsubishi Evolution Lancer X
- Renault Megane III RS 250
- Renault Megane III RS 265
- Renault Megane III RS 275
- Renault Megane IV RS 280
- Renault Megane IV RS 300
- Subaru Impreza WRX STi GD
- Subaru Impreza WRX STi Hatchback GR
- Subaru Impreza WRX STi Saloon GV
- Subaru Impreza WRX STi Hatchback GP
- Subaru Impreza WRX STi Saloon GJ
- Vauxhall Astra VXR J (Brembo calipers only)
- Volvo S60 R 2.5T AWD
- Volvo V70 R II 2.5T AWD
PBS Brake Pad Bedding-in Process:
PBS brake pads are put through a heat curing treatment during the manufacturing process and 'burns out' unwanted materials in advance, reducing the gases that can cause brake fade. Because of this treatment, PBS brake pads only require light 'bedding in'.
It is recommend to perform 10 stops at low pressure and low temperature from 90MPH to approximately 50MPH, and the distance between each brake stop is to be approximately 600 to 800 meters.
PBS brake pads should be bedded in until they are up to mid range working temperature and then allowed to cool properly. Doing this process will help to remove any gases that were in the brake pad compound and will create a perfect contact pattern between the brake disc and the brake pads.
note: image is for illustration purposes and may differ on delivery